Sunday, April 06, 2008

Nelson Born and Bred

Trish came back from Wellington for the weekend for my birthday, and this morning we had coffee at the Saltwater Cafe before we took her to the airport. We hadn't noticed until she pointed out that where there was a simple wall in front of the cafe are these beautiful plaques listing names of boats, arrival dates, and passenger lists of immigrants who arrived at Nelson. I wanted to photograph the line pertinent to her family, but ummm... a bird had pooed on that line. Look!

It makes Trish a fifth- or sixth- generation Nelsonian on one side of the family. Glorious.

8 comments:

  1. That is a nice idea. The photography is very good.

    Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio now playing the part of Mrs. Zac Efron's employee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling heaps better, Mr Prez. Mrs Zac Efron story was really cute, but I didn't know a Prez could be fired by Mrs E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George, cool? The plaques, or the poo? Hee hee, ha ha... (This is exactly the kind of remark which horrified the nuns when I was a kid. Where are my manners....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do know that bird poop means good luck, right?
    I'm always happy when I find some on my car winshield - I know I will reach my destination OK ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard that, Isabella, but that's good news. Good things are going to happen to Trish and her family, then. Yay.

    And Ben, you can stop shouting at birds when they pay a visit on your candy car now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Now this is an interesting memorial.

    @ Isabella : lol! I shall go out right now and park my car under a tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it, Ann? Friday after work, there was a big bird poo on Ben's windshield, but for some reason, he was protesting a little less louder, I think. (Or he gave up.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.