Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dishes

Tim and Claudia came over last night and we had a wonderful almost-vegetarian dinner, followed by a dangerously heated discussion on Nelson Arts Marketing's direction, moderated by Claudia's cool head, then cake and ice cream, then we watched the Australia film "The Dish". I do wish I could keep a cool head so that I can convey my more observed and considered opinion, rather than get all hot and mad. Must try harder.

Ben came home 10-ish after not being able to solve a glitch in an outsourced system, and he's gone back to work before 8 today, saying, "someone's gotta do it."

I am an IT widow this weekend. This is only part of the dishes I have to wash.

9 comments:

  1. Well, the wine bottles and glasses look like you had a GREAT time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, IT. My daughter has the same complaint. I guess Ben is right...some one has to do it. I think I'll check out the movie on netflix. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a unique post!! Tell Ben I send my best ... I know what it's like to be a slave to the job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice party Meg...sorry there were a few heated moments but that is just your passion on the subject showing itself. Have another glass of wine and take a deep breath.
    Hope Ben can solve the IT problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your productive discussions were well halped along by some nice wine!
    Sydney Daily Photo Turns 2 today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our visit to New Zealand was a highlight in our lives. You live in a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a lovely evening, indeed. With bubblies and wine and cake and ice cream. I just love these two to bits. Too bad Ben was "avoidably but voluntarily" detained.

    George T, you'd know all about it, eh.

    I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's easy to get a bit heated when talking about Arts Marketing's direction these days... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I just didn't realize how frustrated I was until I heard myself shouting and almost swearing at Tim. And T&C are the last people I'd want to shout at, let alone swear at!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.