Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Theme Day: City Exchange

Budapest all over Rabbit Island, by Ben, or as Isabella says, Budapest grows on trees in Nelson. (And the "making" shots and my best here.)

It's amazing how much more spectacular the photos looked printed in a larger size of A4; Budapest is so much lovelier enlarged. By having these beautiful photos all around me, I'm not sure if my stone-building envy was cured or worsened. And though we chose the relatively colorful for this purpose, some of the B&W ones, especially those of the fog over the river, are moody and romantic.

Budapest Daily Photo can be found here; Zsolt's (note: two o's in the URL) Flickr has more of Budapest and beyond. Zsolt, and Zannnie, we hope you keep on posting many more beautiful shots of the lovely city, and thanks for your friendship!!

And of course today is DP Theme Day and many other DP bloggers have participated in the City Exchange. To view their contributions, please click on the following places:

Monte Carlo, Monaco -Rome, Italy - Singapore, Singapore - Tenerife, Spain - Rotterdam, Netherlands - London, UK - Montréal (QC), Canada - Melbourne, Australia - Naples (FL), USA - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Mazatlan, Mexico - Buenos Aeres, Argentina - Manila, Philippines - Arradon, France - Madison (WI), USA - Evry, France - Seoul, Korea - Shanghai, China - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Sequim (WA), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Budapest, Hungary - Baziège, France - Hamburg, Germany - Toruń, Poland - Nelson, New Zealand - Madison (WI), USA - Vantaa, Finland - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Mainz, Germany - Dubai, UAE - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Cork, Ireland - Stockholm, Sweden - Menton, France - Tel Aviv, Israel - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Kitakami, Japan - Stayton (OR), USA - Szentes, Hungary - Stavanger, Norway - Grenoble, France - Villigen, Switzerland - Paris, France - Hyde, UK - Moscow, Russia - Joplin (MO), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Greenville (SC), USA - Cape Town, South Africa - Asheville (NC), USA - Seattle (WA), USA - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Madrid, Spain - Auckland, New Zealand - Oulu, Finland - Lubbock (TX), USA - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Sydney, Australia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Vancouver, Canada - Seattle (WA), USA - Selma (AL), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Manila, Philippines - Lyon, France - New York City (NY), USA - Los Angeles (CA), USA - Brookville (OH), USA - Hayle, UK - Wailea (HI), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - San Diego (CA), USA - Boston (MA), USA - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Anderson (SC), USA - Torino, Italy

33 comments:

  1. Happy exchange day. Good motif.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been here for ages with dropped mouth Meg and Ben:) I wrote a long comment to Meg's site (sorry I couldnt make it short)...but here I also wanna say thank you for this wonderful surprise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny, Meg! You could say in New Zealand, Budapests grow on trees ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sheer graphic quality of your photograph and applaud the sheer creativity of your approach to this month's rather murky theme! I believe that yours will be the most original shot this month but will confirm later when I see all other posts! :)

    Cheers! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came here earlier -- thought I'd left a comment but seems not so here goes -- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Ben!
    Makes you want to be in both places at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant interpretation to the theme. I love it.

    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the comments above: great interpretation of the theme:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever. I see that you and zslot were in kahoots!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's really great!!!!!!!!!!

    wow

    zannnie
    www.singaporedailyphoto.com
    www.budapestdailyphoto.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shot at Budapest was fantastic. My favourite of the day...until I saw this. Now my mind's changed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your photograph. Kahoots means like two people are in "kahoots" together - they are in it together or partners....

    My Theme Day portrait is of the "Peashooter" and the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Hope you like flying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry Ben, I thought it was an English word maybe it's Afrikaans. But Abe's right it means teaming up together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulation, very good idea !
    I love your composition !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a very clever way for approaching the exchange....

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first time I looked at it, I bought you had inserted the photos in software. So it's nice to have the "making of" post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea...I love it! Happy May Day and theme day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this composition!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must say that this is one of my fave entries! and the making see the effort you guys put in for the theme day..awwwww

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant! Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for our comments, everybody. As I said, a good exercise in lateral thinking, but great fun. So, what's next month???

    ReplyDelete
  22. The folks at Daily Photos never cease to amaze us. Very creative indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great stuff Ben, well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You and Zsolt have defined what all of us may want to try again in the future. A real city exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks, everyone!

    Mandi, it could be a English word but I'm not native English speaker, and that was a new word for me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, and special thanks to Zolt for approaching us for exchanging ideas and plan.

    ReplyDelete
  27. "In kahoots" - do I not use it, Ben? We certainly hear it often in NZ. I think Marj uses it from time to time. I just never knew how to spell it before this post, though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow, ben you did a great job.

    i would not have thought about doing something like this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's all Meg's idea and I provide a labour. Well, I think it is a great idea and I'm glad we did this. And Thanks to Zolt for approaching us for exchange.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.