Thursday, April 26, 2007

Seifried Winery

I always want to shoot this building at Seifried on my way to and from Rabbit Island. I don't know if that's just one vine or many, but it's always trimmed (?) in this shape, and beautiful any season. Yesterday, I finally convinced Ben to stop on the side of the road and let me shoot it.

Seifried is one of the biggest and oldest wineries in Nelson; it has a restaurant and conference facility, but this and a similar building just behind it are the two where they actually make wine... And there must be a special name for such buildings... Does anybody know?

6 comments:

  1. It is a nice photograph. I was able to see the vines when I clicked on the larger view. And the red tree in the background looks like it is growing naturally to me. The sun is out bright and not raining like it is here in Ohio.

    I took some rainy-day photographs, yesterday, that are very unusual. You might be interested in seeing them.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice hot colours....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about booking a trip to a winery in CA when we go on vacation. I really like the Penguin Cafe'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea what it's called but I would love to have a bottle or two there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. reminds me of a wine tasting trip i had last time.

    i like the sun shining on the building and the vineyard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People, people, if you like wine, NZ is a great place to visit, and Nelson is rather convenient. We have over 30 wineries in the region, and 90 minutes to the east is Marlborough, THE wine region (particularly nice Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay), then off to Kaikoura. Fly further south to Queenstown and Otago for great reds as well. Or fly 25 minutes to the east to Wellington and drive a wee way to Martinborough, arguably the most fashionable wine region in NZ, and then drive further north to Gisbourne on the East Coast or Auckland. There are even wineries up north, where the Ninety Mile Beach tours start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.