Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Power of the Internet


I joined Facebook back in February, and then Classmates.com, and was "found" by some friends from my past. This is the first time I've ever received an invite to my high school reunion, and it's sad I can't go, but I hope to see pictures on the Internet.

Ben's amazed this invite reached us, but there is only us on the phone book with our last name. (Though there is another family in Nelson, because we keep being rung up about a wee girl who doesn't show up at her swimming class.)

I'm not. I once received a letter addressed to "Mimi, Yokohama, Japan" in the early 80's from someone in the US not playing with a full deck; it had a stick of gum and an unintelligible scribbled note on the back of something or rather, and my mother almost reported it to the police.

Hi to everyone from Washburn Class of '77! I sure hope you all have a great time in July.

Incidentally, this is NDP's 1000th post. So yay to us, too!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 1000th post!

    Wow, you must be really well known in Nelson!

    Just your name and the city's name and the mail reaches you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of people do not get the power of the Net. I have a friend with a small business and she really thinks it is just a flash in the pan.
    Well done on the 1000th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 1000!! That's quite an accomplishment.
    FaceBook is pretty cool. Its put me in touch with some people from my past too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everybody.

    Keropok, I wouldn't be surprised if your work place is as big as Nelson. We're not big. And I'm NOT that notorious. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 1,000th post ... Your comments bring back a fond memory of mine ... We uses to address letters to Grandma Harryman in Keyes Oklahoma (a town of 300) ... She was not only our Grandmother ... everyone in the town knew her and called of her Grandma Harryman ... thanks for the memory and for all the wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks for visiting us, Denton. Yeah, in a few years, I'll receive mail for Grandma Meg, Nelson, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.