Friday, September 29, 2006

Rubbish Guy

Rubbish collection takes place once a week in Nelson; we are on the Tuesday route. Usually one guy drives, and one or two guys run after the truck throwing the rubbish onto the back of the truck, (and missing once in a while.) The truck sometimes stops but often just keeps going, and the guys in the back hop on the truck only where there is a bit of distance between homes. Nelson is hilly and the streets narrow and winding, so these guys on the back are some of the most physically fit blokes; in fact, I think one or two current All Blacks might have been rubbish guys previously.

Me, I'm starting to like the paparazza shooting.

8 comments:

  1. You shot this one from your car, didn't you?

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, me the paparazza, Ben the driver. This was a very winding road that Ben takes every morning, and the rubbish truck really appeared and disappeared, so it was great fun chasing him but not overtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! didnt know garbage truck can look so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how strong these men have to be. They always amaze me with their agility.
    Great paparazza shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies. The thing is, NZ is like an equal opportunity capital of the world, but I don't think I have ever seen a rubbish lady, yet, which makes me wonder if it's because they only have boys' shower room and loo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg I love the photo (lovely bluey background and focus on the red fluorescent jacket) and your comments too - the funniest I've read in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meg and Ben, I like your shot and comments. Very funny. You know, I don't recall ever seeing a lady do this work either! I do notice a difference from your truck and the US trucks - ours seem bigger. I'm now going to stalk one to double-check. I know we generate a lot of trash here, sadly.

    Have a good morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nathalie, thanks. But where would we be without those boys!

    Thien, I think the trucks have to be smaller because our streets are narrower and really curvy/winding. I would hate to be just behind a rubbish truck when it can't quite make a corner and flips. Yikes. So did you stalk yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.