Friday, May 01, 2009

Breakfast at Morrison St is Habit Forming


Last Saturday I had to mail a scarf to an exhibition so we went to the PO which was closed for ANZAC Day. So we stumbled across the street to Morrison St and had breakfast, again! Later we discovered there was a 20% surcharge because staff need to be paid holiday pay. Never mind, thee young staff probably live in cold flats, and in proportion to the pleasure we got, it was worth it!!

Both of us desperately wanted pancakes with cream, honey and lemon curd, but knowing that's not exactly "healthy", we also ordered Baghdad Eggs, too. Their lemon curd is tangy and sweet and heavenly. (Sorry, I remembered to take a shot AFTER I smeared the cream.)

Aha, tomorrow looks like another Saturday! I wonder if we have space for another inexpensive luxury.

13 comments:

  1. Lemon curds? And Baghgad Eggs? Isn't it wonderful how different our foods are from one country to another. You probably don't eat fresh Vermont maple syrup on your pancakes or jumbo Gulf of mexico shrimp on grits. Fun pictures. Great fun. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How decadent! Lemon is my favourite taste and flavour. I just love the zing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember having pancakes with syrup as part of a breakfast in a cafe on the Coromandel Peninusular. Hearty if not all that healthy. Seems a lifetime away now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, everybody. Needless to say, we cold have injected ourselves with lemon curd and cream and honey, which would have been just as unhealthy, but what's life with a bit of (or a lot of) sinful soul food? Tomorrow being Saturday, I'm wondering if we will have a repeat performance...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I missed the theme day this time. It's completely slipped away from my mind. Maybe next month, yes!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh, what did you have for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the coffee looks great!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their Eggs Benedict are pretty darn good too! Love the composition of the coffee and cake shot, very effective! Hard to get good pancakes these days, and to have both at one place is a real bonus. (Frank - I am a real Maple Syrup fan even on my bacon and eggs and French Toast - never to forget the pancakes.) Lesley Expat Kiwi Winter is coming......

    ReplyDelete
  9. No maple syrup here, though, so so best get your pancakes at Saltwater.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMM! I love waffles and pancakes! Great tempting photo. Fun to see your blog pics. My wife and I are both knitters. I knit baby sweaters for mothers in third world countries. I like your posting of a yarn bag today! I'm new to CDP; I started EAGAN daily photo. Regards from Minnesota, USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leif, you do know I grew up in Mpls?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ming, did you go hunting for food pics today?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.