Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Purple + Yellow-Green

There's got to be a way to do this.

I've been interested in weaving in two or more colors, but when the pieces are finished, they look a third color. This one, as you can see, is in purple cashmere/silk warp (i.e. a little bit of sheen) and blue-y-yellow-green cashmere (matt) weft. When I hold it up and wave it or shake it like this, the whole piece looks a bit more... silver-y. Can you tell me what I do to capture that color? I'm doing a whole lot of these with shiny cottons, too. Intriguing stuff; I'm sure there's a name to this... occurrence/symptom(?), too. Any help appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I used to have a pen-pal over in NewZealand. Wish I could find info on him! Would you happen to have a phone book? =0)

    Nice to see pics from New Zealand. Looks beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent composition and textures

    I wish you a great summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. E, http://www.whitepages.co.nz/.

    Evlahos, no, no, it's dead of the winter just now!! Thanks, Magiceye.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.