Friday, January 11, 2008

Recycled Dreams

One of my many New Year's Resolutions is to dig into a room full of project material I've accumulated in the last "few" years and to use them. I have an impressive range of patterns, fabrics, embroidery projects, buttons and beads; some were even "inherited" from my mother, who ran out of room to store her future projects. And I need to do this so I can use the room as a proper work-yarn stash space and design room.

I picked three projects to begin with; one is this series of five cotton shopping bags (to replace the plastic jobs) with simple decorations, and I decided the button arrangement. I'm pleased how a digital camera can "work" in keeping records and plans, in addition to letting me photograph for pleasure.

Oh, another resolution is to take more/better pics for NDP, so I won't have to post blurry, after-midnight shots here.

How are you doing with your 2008 resolutions so far?

2 comments:

  1. Just great! Ha! I did get my very belated Christmas cards in the mail yesterday...can you believe that? There were many people I needed to write and tell about our moving to a new house and area.. Finally done. What an all day project. Getting sick at the holidays really messes things up. Now its getting all the paperwork ready for tax time. Not my favorite job at all.
    Those will be great shopping bags Meg.
    Take a look at my son's blog to see an interesting dragonfly shot.
    http://themapper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am widely known amongst my friends as one who gets Christmas cards out on time once every 5-7 years, but still, I would like to do justice to the effort.... So I'm waiting for my letter-writing mode... Well, that's the story and I'm sticking to it, Sue. Besides, it's too hot today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.