Thursday, January 10, 2008

Coexistence

I insisted Ben take a photo of the building on the left yesterday; I was too hot and bothered I couldn't even get out of the car.

We're not sure what the new building is going to be, but for years it was a gang headquarter, with high fences and barbed wire. And it coexisted in relative peace with its neighbour, the Nelson Contact Bridge Club. The irony of this situation was pointed out by our friend Trish a few years ago; me, I was too afraid I never went near this street until I noticed taxi drivers use this road as a shortcut. It's only a few blocks from the center of the town.

I'm not sure where the new HQ is; they may even have disbanded. Thank goodness we don't have that a serious gang problem in Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.