Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How DO They Do It??

It's getting warmer, and a nice cool beer sounds better than a glass of red at the end of the day. We don't go to bars and pubs much, (we're turning into oldies), but we do go to Ray's Hot Rock Gourmet Pizza Cafe and Bar from time to time, because we can walk there. Ben can have a beer, then we have ribs and pizza, and he finishes off the meal with caffè corretto (coffee with grappa). Sunday night, we were waiting around for a takeaway order, when Ben saw a bottle of Bookers (!!!!!) on the shelf, so I think that's the finisher-upper the next time we eat in.

The thing I don't get is, this beer tap has a coat of ice around it. It's beautifully and evenly coated every time we go. How do they do it? I love running my fingers up and down it as I wait; Ben doesn't think it's nice because I'm melting the ice.

3 comments:

  1. LOL thats funny that Ben doesn't think its nice to touch the ice. I wonder how they do it too. Why doesn't the warmth of the room melt the ice? Is the beer REALLY cold when it comes out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool concept; they ought to put that in their advertising. ;)

    Also, I love the creative way that you put the copyright on there. :)

    Sephyroth
    http://www.sephyroth.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what Ben says, Faye, but the ice coats the thing so evenly and cleanly - no white ice, if you know what I mean.

    Sephyroth, yeah, cool, isn't it? I have seen it at at least one more place in town, though. I can't remember where now.

    Kris, who used to have the blog called Little Town in Hungary (and I can't remember the name of the town!!) used to put her name in very stylish ways. I think she might have been a graphic designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.