Thursday, August 09, 2007

Fix Me

This cat has been keeping us awake for the last two weeks; all day all night, except for a couple of hours in the afternoon, she's on a prow. There's a skinny gray one that keeps her company, and possibly the giant black-and-white as well, but they remain relatively quiet.

This one likes to test her lungs in front of our garage door (which is right under our bedroom), right outside our kitchen, or on our picnic table as seen here, and no high tech ear plugs can quieten her. So every night we lay awake, imagining cartoon-style revenges we could inflict on her, while about all I can do is to throw a glass full of water in the general direction, which is effective for about three minutes.

I am not a cat person; I am a dog person.

Update: late last night, Ben found this one digging the bulbs out of my garden. However, it wasn't on the prow; does this mean the romantic season is over, or was it just too cold last night?

8 comments:

  1. Cartoons are good for all sorts of inspiration. Obviously there are many kinds of cats but from my experience you can either get yourself a dog or you can get your neighbourhood a cat. It probably won’t want to stay indoors and there are certain basic needs which are a lot better to take care of in the neighbour’s garden than in your own...

    I’m a dog person as well, incidentally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a cat person, either, so I can't answer your question.
    But I can admire the cat (and the purple table!) - it is safe from afar ;-)
    Wishing you a good night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She appears to be a Siamese cat? They are known for being very vocal! Love your purple picnic table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple picnic table caught my eye...hopefully she is now letting you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also not a cat person. Zannnie is even afraid of them saying: they are territorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try a water gun. They have some models which are fairly accurate at a distance ... Another option, the option I would choose, is to contact the animal control and have them set a trap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your visits, everybody. I'm happy to report that the cat's dating days seem over. Ben thinks he knows which house this one belongs to, also.

    As soon as cat dating season has been over, birds started digging and eating seeds and building nests in the gutter. Sometimes I do miss big cities.

    Denton, I used to have a giant water gun, actually. I once shot a at out of my fig tree, too. It was funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.