Thursday, August 20, 2026

Upstanding Osteospermum

 

Osteospermum usually doesn't stand upright but drapes over the side; ours covers a concrete retaining wall on the side of the driveway. I saw two or three of these uprights at the hospital the other week. This one was around 1m tall, planted inside a tallish (40cm? 50cm?) concrete pot. I wanted to have a closer look, but access was from a ward behind closed doors, and areas reserved for folks in need of a quiet place to sit and contemplate or converse, so I didn't try. 

A week later, I saw this at a high-end lighting shop Storey Collection on Collingwood Street. This pots was maybe 30cm high and the plant further 30cm. Staff said it had just been pruned by the manager/gardener who wasn't working that day. I may go back and enquire.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.