Monday, January 29, 2024

Sorely Missed

 

We used to have a mind-blowingly fabulous magazine shop on Hardy Street, where you could buy the latest New York or London Review(s) of Books flown in overnight, (for a price, I must add.) I used to spend hours just looking at the different kinds of magazines published around the mainly English-speaking world, and then go home with an English garden or American home&garden sort.
This is the one purchase I kept from those days. I thought these boats were sublime, and wondered if Ben and I could make tiny models, but the more I read about boat-building, the less it became a relaxed Sunday afternoon proposition. (Still game if I can find a sufficiently-challenging-yet-not-too-expensive kit, but not in a rush to add to my unfinished projects pile.)

From memory, the male owner of the magazine shop passed away suddenly, and the shop sold immediately.

On the other hand, I have no idea what the left half of the sign says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.