Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Old Fashioned

There used to be several of these old-fashioned bakeries right in Nelson CBD when we moved here. This one on Hardy Street is the last one, or two, left. They have pretty good sandwiches for reasonable prices so I sometimes ate them on a park bench or by the river, contemplating life, universe, and the stark changes Ben and I made moving here from Tokyo/Yokohama. By far the best guilty pleasure were two custard slices in a thin, soggy paper bag I had to balance on my palm until I reached the car, to enjoy after dinner. Or before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.