Saturday, February 23, 2008

Art for Health

From the sculpture map, to which we haven't referred for quite a while:

"Art for Health, tubular stainless steel sculpture by Grant Palliser, next to the main entrance of the Nelson Hospital, was commissioned in 2003 to mark its opening. The work can be viewed from many vantage points, inside and outside the hospital. The three corners are based on the three interwoven components of the Health Triangle - patient, health service providers, and the patient's own family/whanau support system."

Earlier this month, Grant was selected to create a central piece for what will become the center of Richmond township.

Other Grant Palliser pieces posted in NDP are:
Lean On Me IV - Marquette
Reef Knot
Oracle
High Flyers, also here
The Seafarers' Memorial, also here.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! I don't know what I like better your photograph or the sculpture. You just presented it beautifully as light and graphics!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from you, Lachezar, I'm interpreting your comment to mean, "You... beauty!" about my pic.

    So..... THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, of course you can download the picture. Its my pleasure. what's the project? I would love to see it when finished.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I forgot to say...go have some breakfast now....but don't eat the flowers. I don't know if they would give you a tummy ache or not...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this building reminds me of my University a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sue.

    Zsolt, a very modern University!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meg, here I am trying to recapture your last posts. Opera, fireworks and Jucy made my day. But Palliser's sculpture looks great also!
    Have a great weekend!
    Blogtrotter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, GMG. Enjoy your trotting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.