Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Bit of Moisture

Drought started early this year; by mid-November, parts of Nelson/Tasman regions were facing water restrictions. So it's nice to have a bit of moisture.

I was looking out Sue's gallery window yesterday afternoon because I was a wee bit worried about getting flooded. See the ripples on the lower right? The bridge is over Maitai River on Collingwood Street; right behind the parking spaces is the Maitai. But we were ok; by afternoon there were kayakers having a great time right in front of the gallery. That's downtown Nelson for you.

This one is for Emilia and her family in Finland. It's dry today, by the way.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Meg, I just noticed you actually live in my future. I am living on December 18th and you're living in my tomorrow. Furthermore, I also noticed you are living the rainy season now and I am living in the dry season. No wonder we can never be in sync. :-)

    BTW, I know I haven't been here for a while,but I have my reasons and it has to do with not enough time for flying across the world everyday... you know.

    Please, send my greetings to Ben and to your mom... I still remember her and every time I see an antique textile or a book I think of her and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rudy. I do live in your tomorrow, every day! I've been just as guilty of not going anywhere, but hopefully over the holidays I'll have a little more time, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.