Wednesday, September 16, 2026

My Precious!

Decades ago we bought 3 or 6 or 9 Australian grasses, knowing in future we should plant more plants demanding less water. But not knowing where to put them, they were left in plastic pots; while some tolerated us and even multiplied, many died after years of "just" surviving. I finally put them in the ground maybe 3 years ago where they'd get a lot of sun and some water, and other than being dug up by blackbirds, (I just reburied two this morning, and piled up soil around half a dozen,) I think it's safe to say they've thrived. It was the first time we noticed a few flowering, and, oh, what delicate, pretty flowers they are! Such a precious surprise. (Thanks for the pic, Ben.)
They are tiny. At first Ben wasn't sure what I was point at. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.