Friday, October 11, 2013

A Familiar Tree

While I was in Japan, I read a dozen Japanese books on van Gogh. Japan has reciprocal affinity with Impressionists, and by extension people who followed in the various post-Imporessionist-isms, but especially with Monet, Renoir and van Gogh. I saw several original painting from this era in variouso permanent collections.

And now I see that there are some Vincent-esque views in Nelson as well. This tree can be seen as I approach the Suter Art Gallery from the back; straight ahead is Queens Gardens, and the small brick structure is where the Mangatapu Murder-accused were jailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.