Wednesday, October 03, 2012

After the Brouhaha

Last night, at the end of the opening of the exhibition, Sharon Martin, textile artist, and I lamented the slow death of the New Zealand wool/textile industry, and in particular, why nobody appears to be making available wool yarns with scale still on (i.e. not Superwash) in reasonable quantities and price. That's the stuff you can felt, or make big mistakes washing.

I'm notorious for disliking openings, and was sorely tempted to opted out of ours, but then friends show up, (one even from north of Wellington,) my drawing class friends and I had a great giggle about changes in female body shapes, (theme of my other piece,) and it's when I'm allowed to wax lyrical about loom weaving. So what can I say, but, "Life is good."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.