Thursday, April 01, 2010

Theme Day: Red

Ben and I have been married 20 years today according to the Japanese government. We don't get marriage licenses there, we just tell them when we get hitched, and I thought it would be a nice day; start of the school year, start of a fiscal year, and in case it didn't work out, we could say it was a joke.

It was a gray Saturday, and we handed the forms to the tired guard at the gate, and went our merry way shopping for kitchen stuff or furniture, I can't remember. Ben had already moved into the apartment, and he needed things, and I remember buying pots and pans made us feel more married than the form bit.

Our wedding was at the end of the month, and I moved in during the weekend following the wedding. Boy, it does feel like just last week.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

13 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation of the theme - I can feel the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, congratulations! Quite a landmark and a nice red for luck I guess.
    All the best to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a landmark, and by next week, or what feels like next week, we'll be celebrating our 50th, I'm sure!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 20th anniversary, Meg and Ben!
    Meg, did you dye that yarn? It is very beautiful and rich.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! I like your choice the theme day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two and Abraham share the same day for a romantic anniversary. The yarn is a terrific symbol for Meg's work. Happy Theme day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this image. well done for theme day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the texture of the yarn! It's such a tactile photo. Congratulations on your anniversary! Funny how the paperwork is always the least important part of feeling married.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful story, so beautifully told and great photo to go with it. Many many congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy anniversary
    return for the 40

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omedito gozaimashita! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, everyone.

    No, I didn't dye the yarn, but it's a mixture of 4 different red yarns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment! If you have trouble seeing word verification, you can get another one by clicking little circle. Make sure you separate two words with space. We also welcome for any comment on our facebook page.
We have reserve a rights to remove comments include link to ads and spam without any notice.